Chemistry Division is a vital component of Los Alamos National Laboratory and a charter member of the Strategic Research Directorate. Our extensive research capabilities are applied to national security and civilian programs and to appropriate industrial collaborations. Chemistry Division is proud of our ability to partner with other divisions at Los Alamos, with industry, with other national laboratories, and with universities to further our mission and to serve the nation. The keys to our success can be found in our talented personnel, our state-of-the-art equipment, and our specialized research facilities.
The decisions we make in Chemistry Division are guided by the following principles:
- We use science to protect our country.
- We deliver quality products on time and within budget.
- We seek out and solve problems at the frontiers of science.
- We strive for unity of purpose and sense of community.
- We expect individual development, initiative, and accountability.
- We are committed to safety, security, and protection of the environment.
- We demand the highest level of scientific and business ethics.
Current activities in the division cover a wide range of topics including actinide and fission product chemistry, inorganic and organometallic chemistry, catalysis, radioisotope production and distribution, chemical and electrical engineering, detection technologies, nanoscience and nanotechnology, analytical chemistry, environmental chemistry, nuclear and radiochemistry, physical chemistry, chemical and nuclear physics, and optical and vibrational spectroscopy.
Updated 9/05, LALP 05-096